Tips for dry damaged hair will fall
into two primary categories. One, the styling technique and procedure and two,
hair treatments and hair products to repair and heal hair that has been damaged from
over-styling, chemical treatments such as perms, relaxing or coloring, or
damage from environmental factors.
- Avoid over-styling with flat irons or curling irons. Both have a tendency to kill hair follicles by
overheating and destroy both hair moisture and nutrients.
- Avoid perms and coloring if possible. The number one cause of hair damage we see in women is color damage.
Chemicals and coloring can kill the hair follicles and root. As we grow older nutrition delivery lessen and the shaft become more susceptible to damage.
- Use your fingers or a wide-bodied comb when drying and maintain a proper distance between the nozzle of the dryer and your hair.
- Repair and healing dry damaged hair requires adding hydration. Use root treatments designed to condition. Use spray-on, leave-in conditioners when styling to add protection
- Conditioners enriched with Argan oil are the products we have found best to repair and heal dry or damage hair.
- Dawn Harrison, owner of Invisible Hair Pieces, Extensions, and Human hair wigs.
- Dawn has earned two U.S. Patents for inventing the “Invisible Hair Grafting”, which is a non-surgical method of attaching human hair pieces to women’s hair and skin.