Hair Care Tips for Thinning Hair
General Hair Care Tips for Handling Thin Hair
When hair is already thin, minimizing breakage is of the utmost importance. Though these hair care tips cannot reverse hair thinning, handling your hair carefully and having a gentle nourishing routine will help preserve length and fullness.
- Use a wide-tooth comb, and hold tangled strands up with some slack while gently combing tangles out. Start from the bottom of the tangle and gently separate the tangled strands. Only detangle hair when it is dry. Comb through to detangle before wetting hair in the shower, and before laying down for bed.
- Avoid over-washing, over-brushing and chemical processing. Frequent shampooing doesn’t directly cause hair to fall out, but stripping hair of its natural, protective oils too often can leave strands weaker, more brittle, and more prone to splitting and breaking. Brushing too often and too rough breaks strands, and can damage the scalp. You will often see these tips as general universal rules for hair care, and they are especially important for those whose hair is already thin and in need of preservation.
- Use residue-free, sulfate-free shampoos to prevent soap residue from weighing down your hair.
- When drying wet hair, pat your head and hair very gently with a microfiber towel to absorb water from the strands. Do not wring or roll hair in your palms, and be careful not to scrunch or bend the strands. Handle your hair as if you had wet nail polish on your fingernails, very gently, slowly and deliberately.
- Limit your hair’s exposure to direct sunlight. Long periods of sun exposure can break down keratin proteins in the hair.
- Avoid tightly pulled-back hairstyles, especially at bedtime. For thinning hair, gently detangle using a wide-tooth comb and the method described above. Then pull hair back into a low, loose bun, braid or (again, loose) ponytail. Use a gentle hair tie that won’t snag.
- Diet is also a major factor in hair care. Ensure that your diet includes adequate levels of Iron, Folic Acid, and Biotin. Talk to a health care professional about multivitamin supplements.
Hair Care: Maintaining Your Hair Addition
All Human Hair Extensions, Hair Pieces and Wigs much more vulnerable to dryness than normal growing human hair. Even the highest quality, premium healthy cuticle Remi hair is susceptible to dryness, tangles and frizz. This is because the human hair no longer has access to the naturally occurring sebum or oil that our scalp naturally secretes, which protect the hair from environmental stressors and physical damage from styling and chemical processing.
Therefore, rich, restorative hair care treatments are necessary to keep a Human Hair addition looking its best.
We have developed our 6-Step Restorative Deep Conditioning Treatment for hair care of human hair used to make Hair Systems & Hair Extensions. We deliver all the nutrients in scientifically calculated applications, so each layer of the hair shaft can readily accept the highest of quality ingredients, especially formulated for Human Hair Systems, Extensions and Wigs.
1. Jojoba Oil
We brush jojoba oil into small sections with a 100% soft boar bristle paddle brush: “100 strokes to make it shine.”
2. Cuticle Fix
Cuticle Fix is a hair care product that prevents tangling. It helps the hair retain elasticity and adds lubrication that reduces breakage-causing friction.
3. Moisture Mask
This mask with quinoa plant proteins increases moisture content for radiance and color retention
4. Deep Penetrating Reconstructor
This hair care product adds strength.
We apply a generous, specifically measured “cocktail” of the cuticle fix, moisture masque and deep penetrating reconstructor, then we treat the hair with moist heat to steam the ingredients deep into the hair shaft.
5. Protein Leave–In
After towel-blotting, we detangle with Long Life Protein Leave-In to soften and prevent matting.
We let all hair systems dry naturally without the use of blow drying. This imparts an incredible shine and seals in the 4 previous hair care treatments.
6. Ghost Mist Argan Oil Finishing Spray
The final step of our Restorative Deep Conditioning Treatment is the application of Ghost Mist Argan Oil Finishing Spray. This leave-in product works as a frizz reducer, UV protectant and heat protectant.