What Is Female Pattern Baldness???

Post Date: April 10th, 2014

 

san diego hair extensions

 

 

 

 

 

30 million women  suffer from what is known as Hereditary hair loss or androgenetic alopecia.  Understanding the hair growth cycle may help us to recognize when we may not have normal hair loss, but have thinning hair or excessive hair loss.  The first phase is growth, also known as anagen.  In this phase, the hair grows at an average rate of one half inch per month from it’s follicle.  The anagen phase usually last two to six years.  Next the resting phase, or telogen, begins. Telogen usually lasts three to four months.  The end of the telogen phase is when the hair falls out and a new hair begins to grow in it’s place.  Typically, 85 percent of your hair is in the growth phase and the remaining 15 percent is in the resting phase.

A healthy scalp usually has around 100,000 hairs, so losing 50 to 100 hairs per day is normal.  However, when the rate of shedding exceeds that of new growth, new growth is thinner than the hair that was shed, or shedding happens in patches.  Any of these situations may indicate androgenetic alopecia.

Let the compassionate professionals at Invisible Hair help you choose a human hair piece that will boost your self esteem to face life with confidence.

Dawn Harrison, owner of Invisible Hair Pieces, Extensions, and Human hair wigs.

Dawn has earned two U.S. Patents for inventing the “Invisible Hair Grafting”, which is a non-surgical method of attaching human hair pieces to women’s hair and skin.

Leave a Reply